- visitors to our website;
- customers who purchase goods or services or create an account with us; and
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information relating a person who can be identified directly or indirectly, often by name, account number, location, an online identifier or other factors which are specific to their identity.
Personal information may include ‘special category data’ relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, and criminal records and allegations.
As a rule, we do not collect special category data about visitors to our website or our customers or suppliers unless we identify suspected criminal activity such as fraudulent claims or the use of stolen payment card details. In this case, we will record details of the suspected criminal activity and may take appropriate action, including refusing to accept orders, make payments or give refunds. We may also report the incident to the relevant bank or payment card issuer or to the police or other appropriate authorities.
See below for details of how we may use your personal information.
The personal information we collect about you, and how we use it
You can visit and browse our website without providing your name or contact details.
Like many websites, our server logs details of your operating system, browser software, IP (Internet Protocol) address and URL (Uniform Resource Locator) requested, including the date and time of your visit.
You may choose to provide your contact details (for example. your name, address, business, job title, email address, phone number and location) if you:
- sign up to a mailing list;
- submit a query or ask for a quote or other information;
- ask us to contact you;
- create an account or log in to a secure area; or
- enter a competition or promotional feature
The personal information we collect about you and how we use it
If you buy products or services from us, we may use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- contact you to ask for your views on our products and services;
- provide tailored communications;
- keep you informed about the products and services we offer;
- process your order and to follow up on orders that are not completed;
- manage your account, including carrying out identity checks where relevant;
- manage your credit account (if this applies) including carrying out credit checks;
- use your trade category and purchase history to manage our prices and offers;
- carry out market research and analyse statistics;
- track activity on our site and to provide a more personalised online experience;
- link with social media sites and services, for example, for advertising purposes;
- tell you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
- manage deliveries, returns and refunds;
- manage any issues relating to a fault or damage caused by a product;
- deal with enquiries and complaints;
- manage claims and for insurance purposes;
- help with general record keeping; and
Marketing communications and keeping you informed
If you have ever bought, or enquired about, our products or services and if you agree, we may use the information we collect to let you know about other products and services you may be interested in. We may also use this information to keep you up to date about promotional offers and what is coming soon at BMS.
With your consent, or when you shop with us and do not choose to opt out from receiving emails (“soft opt in”) we will use your personal data, preferences and details of transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone about relevant products and services in the UK.
If you leave items in your shopping basket on our website without completing a purchase, we may send you an email to follow up and ask if you need any help with your order.
We review the products and services you buy and we also analyse your use of our website and the searches you make on this and other websites. We use this information to tailor the marketing you receive from us so it is as relevant as possible. This may include placing adverts on social-media and other third-party websites.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. You can unsubscribe from emails by simply clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link which we add to the end of every email we send. You can opt out of receiving marketing which is tailored to suit your customer profile. You can also opt out of email, text, postal or telephone marketing via the ‘My account’ section of your online account or by emailing us on email@example.com calling us on 020 7118 8677.
Legal reasons for processing your information
Some of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily (and therefore with your permission), for example when you sign up to join a mailing list or make a query.
If you buy items from us, or if you supply products or services to us, most of the information we collect is necessary so that we can fulfil the contract between us.
The rest of the information we collect is for our legitimate business purposes, which include to:
- keep in touch with current, past and potential customers;
- provide online account management and related services;
- gain an understanding of how our customers interact with us so we can provide the most relevant products and services;
- monitor the use of our website and improve its facilities;
- identify suspected criminal activity and take appropriate action;
- manage our supply chain and our relationship with our suppliers; and
- protect and defend our rights
When we collect personal information from you, we will tell you whether you have to provide the information (mandatory information), or whether you can choose not to provide it (voluntary information). On the website we use asterisks to mark mandatory information.
How long will we keep your information for
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the legitimate business purposes described above.
If you are a visitor to the website, we will keep your information for a limited period to respond to your query, provide you with the information you need or send you updates on our products and services, for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
For all purchases we normally keep records of the transaction for six years. This is for accounting and tax purposes and to manage any issues relating to a fault or damage caused by a product.
We may keep your information for longer than this if there are valid legal reason for us to do so, for example if we must do so by law or under a court order, or if we need the information to defend or pursue legal claims.
How we protect your information
We must protect the information you provide to us. We use appropriate measures to protect the information that you give to us through our website and the information we collect and store about our customers.
All of the forms which gather or display personal information on our site are protected by a mechanism called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). This is a standard technology which provides a secure connection between internet browsers and websites, allowing you to transmit private data online. Firewalls are used to block unauthorised access to our servers, which are themselves based in a secure location. Within our organisation, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information to do their jobs have access to it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website. However, once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
If you have created an account or registered to use any online services, your account details may be password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and to sign out once you have finished browsing.
If you have an online account you can access, update and correct your personal information – including your marketing choices – using the communication preferences.
Access and correction
You can ask us for details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the address below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com, or write to us at the address below so we can update our records.
We may need to ask for proof of your identity before we can deal with your request.
You may also have the following rights in relating to your personal information.
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling), or ask us to delete your personal information.
- If you have provided personal information voluntarily, or otherwise given us permission to use it, the right to withdraw that permission.
- In certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of the personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used format which can be read by a computer, or to ask us to transfer that information to someone else (This is known as ‘data portability’).
- The right to complain to a data protection authority (see below).
Building Material Shop Ltd
Call us free on: 020 7118 8677
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org